Saturday, July 11, 2015

Red Pants and Red Flowers

Another day in the books!

Today we got our first real taste of what monsoon season really is. Our plans originally included taking a trip to a mosque and the Red Fort, but the lovely rain preventing us from this adventure because both sites were primarily outside.

The great day was not hindered in any way, however. We ventured to the SRCC campus this morning to have group discussion about our projects that we will be presenting next week. We then had a break for coffee and snacks, and naturally, we felt compelled to do a little exploring. Our pal, Akash, took us around campus where they were filming scenes for an Indian TV show! Everyone was pretty confused by our presence, but it was really cool to see the set and stars of show.

We then headed to the bus for a visit to the National Museum. The long trip flew by with yet another awesome dance party. The AUX cord was passed around and it was so fun to share dance moves between American and Indian songs. We didn't have much time to go around, but we were able to see some interesting exhibits. And, of course, Tessa and I spent some quality time in the gift shop.

Next stop was lunch for some South Indian cuisine. Our dish looked quite interesting and I happened to spill my Pepsi all over myself, but it was another great meal nonetheless.

We then walked to a huge store with sooooo many floors with sooooo many awesome things to buy. With the help of my friends, I definitely got some great souvenirs today, as well as a beautiful quilt for myself. (Don't worry Mom, I have room in my suitcase).

Today's outings were full of intriguing conversations, from differences in beliefs about relationships to differences in views on education. Being able to have these talks with the Indian students has been one of my favorite parts of the last few days. They seem to enjoy talking to us as much as we love talking to them, and lifelong friendships are definitely being created.

After the fabulous shopping, we returned to the International Guest House quite early. The American crew has just been hanging out since dinner and I think it's safe to say that we're missing our buds from SRCC right about now.

The monsoon might have changed our plans, but it sure didn't affect the fun.

I should probably head to bed pretty soon, considering that we have a 5:30AM wake up call for our trip to the TAJ MAHAL. AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Obviously, I'm just a little excited, so check in soon!

I'M GOING TO SEE ONE OF THE SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD TOMORROW,
Kirst





No comments:

Post a Comment