Thursday, July 16, 2015

Nope, I'm Not Ready To Leave Delhi

I'm having the hardest time believing that it's our last night in Delhi. The past ten days have been filled with so much adventure and amazement, but they've flown by waaaay too quickly.

Yesterday was a busy day filled with the final work for our projects, an exclusive meeting with the Dean of Colleges at the University of Delhi, three lectures, and a dinner at the International Guest House with the whole Indian and American crew.

After heading to bed slightly earlier than previous nights, I felt refreshed this morning when we woke up and left for SRCC to complete the final preparations for our presentations. I was in the education group, where we designed a tutoring program to complement the education in government schools for Indian children. Our presentation went pretty well, now we just have to wait to hear the results tomorrow morning.

Although there were only four presentations, it was a long morning of listening to all of the different projects. The topics were interesting, but I was simply in the mood to talk to everyone. After wolfing down a chicken roll (another new meal experience), our coordinator, Veer, took the girls shopping at the market for Indian outfits to help us get ready for Cultural Night.

We spent a bit of time choosing between all of the different designs and colors, and after trying on quite a few kurtas, all of the girls picked something out for the night's festivities. We returned to the SRCC seminar room to practice our performances for Cultural Night. Brady, Tessa, Ellis, and I performed the line dance from THON and we also joined in on a skit written by our only American male presence, Tim. Our acts were combined with beautiful dances and musical numbers by our Indian friends and it was a really enjoyable time.

Like every other day, Cultural Night ended with a huge dance party, with all of us running around the stage sharing dance moves and grooving out.

Again, I'm in disbelief that my time here in Delhi and at SRCC is at its end. I've seen so much over the past week and I've been around some of the coolest people to ever walk into my life. While I'll actually miss the craziness that is Delhi, I think I'll miss my new friends the most.

To all of the SRCC students that have made my time here so amazing: thank you. Don't think that just because I'm leaving tomorrow means that you'll never hear from me again... I'll be WhatsApping you all to the point of complete annoyance. I'll be back, for sure. Xoxo.

Now time to re-pack my suitcase...

Survived the program without getting Delhi Belly,
Kirst




6 comments:

  1. we'll miss uh badly as you are going ...but we'll remain gonna close by heart...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very happy to discover your post as it will become on top in my collection of favorite blogs to visit. poker88 asia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! dewa poker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. Kanadan viisumi verkossa

    ReplyDelete