Monday, September 7, 2015

Long Weekends Are For Friends, Pokey Stix, and Road Trips

Wow, what a crazy week and a half!

Since I talked to you lovely people on Thursday, quite a bit has happened in the life of Kirst.

Friday took a turn for the interesting when my ankle swelled up like a balloon and I was barely able to walk. I was suffering from awful blisters from some really cute new work shoes, which caused me to walk like a gimp the entire week. Turns out I was walking so bad that my foot swelled up from all the extra pressure, so I ran home Saturday morning to get it checked out. While everything turned out to be fine (I'm still in a bit of pain and the antibiotics for my blisters made me throw up in class... YOLO) and I definitely could have waited to go to UHS on Monday, it was nice to see Mama and Coach Rei for a night. I also found this really cute throwback picture, please enjoy.

The week was full of all sorts of busy schedules and craziness. I'm back to seeing my friends all the time, which is super amazing. The combination of work, school, and planning THON Spikes led to a less than adequate sleep schedule, but it was more than worth it. The first event of the PR season was a total success; it was a beautiful night for baseball, we sold more tickets than ever before, and raised a good amount of money For The Kids. I love what I do.


Friday flew by with a few classes and a shortened work day, which allowed me to have a great fam dinner with some friends at the dining hall. Believe it or not, I've actually missed dining hall food, so it was nice to get back to the buffet life.

Friday night was a blast with my Co-Captains, as we all bonded over dancing and pokey sticks (pokeys are these super cheesy pizza bread things that are to die for). We had so much fun being around one another and it made me even more excited to spend the entire year working with them. Also, just an FYI, Luke and I will be dropping our mixtape soon, so stay tuned.

Saturday was lovely after I slept in almost all afternoon. Considering I hadn't slept much during the week, I didn't feel bad snoozing for awhile. The afternoon consisted of more lounging and watching the first Penn State football game. While I almost cried while watching my beloved Nittany Lions fall to the Owls, the thought of being in Beaver Stadium this upcoming Saturday created more excitement than sadness.

Following the game, I hopped in the car and headed off to LARZ's house for an impromptu visit. I was greeted with open arms from many Irish accents and my best friend, which is always just plain fantastic. It was so awesome to be reunited with Laura after two whole months apart. We spent the night catching up and celebrating her graduation from the greatest university on the planet.

Yesterday consisted of a trip to Hershey Park, which turned into a day full of laughs, rollarcoasters, Dippin Dots, and Laura almost crying as we boarded every ride. To top off the fun, we arrived home to a kitchen full of John Kennedy specialties and an adorable bulldog, so I don't think the day could have gone any better.

After saying my good-byes to the Kennedy fam, I headed back to State with a slightly swollen foot (the dang amusement park didn't exactly help the cause) and a new Spotify playlist. I already miss LARZ, but she's visiting in a few weeks so NO WORRIES.

Tonight is about to be super exciting because the rest of the PR Captain Committee is being announced. I can't wait to meet the rest of our purple family!!!!!!

Maybe I'll get around to unpacking everything I brought here two weeks ago,
Kirst








No comments:

Post a Comment