Sunday, September 20, 2015

I Slept for 14 Hours on Saturday/Sunday

AH! Another week, another whirlwind of things going every which way. At this point, I can barely remember where my last post left off, so bear with me here, people.

SO! What I can recall without looking back is that I had just returned from a fabulous weekend with the Kennedy clan and I was getting ready to go meet the rest of the Public Relations family for THON 2016! Monday night was super exciting as the 25 PR Captains gathered on Old Main lawn with our Director to meet one another, learn about our positions, and discover our theme for the year... PRomise to Dream. I'm in love.

Tuesday was a day full of classes and work that led up to our first meeting as an official Captain committee. The potluck theme sent me home with a tummy full of cookies and pokey stix, so no complaints there.

Wednesday was probably the craziest day I have ever had at State. Class from 8AM-Noon, work from 1PM-5PM, cycling class from 5:45PM-6:30PM (my behind was mad at me the next day...), India seminar from 7PM-9PM, practice for All-Captain Orientation from 9PM-11:00PM, then I finally was able to eat lunch around 11:30PM. When I say lunch, I actually mean it... I didn't have time to think that day, let alone eat. All was well once I hit up late-night at good ol' Redifer, though.

Thursday included the usual class and work schedule, with an added visit to a potential place of living for next year. Becoming a real person and moving off campus is both exciting and stressful, but that's a whole different topic within itself. The night ended amazingly with All-Captain orientation, where I wore an incredible bucket hat to meet and greet all of the THON 2016 Captains, danced around ridiculously, performed various skits and musical numbers, and did the line dance! The energy in the room was absolutely contagious and I loved every minute I spent in Heritage Hall that night.

Friday came with major peace and blessings as I journeyed downtown for a shopping date with some friends (don't kill me, Mom) and some dinner before heading out for a night of fun. It was so great to have some time to relax and not be on a set schedule.

Saturday came super early but all was well because I WAS READY FOR SOME PENN STATE FOOTBALL! I headed to Beaver Stadium in the dreary rain to work in the recruiting lounge before kick-off. I helped check in the football recruits before assisting all of the basketball recruits with check-in. I also got to accompany them onto the field before the game, which was probably one of my coolest moments as a Penn Stater. I am in love with my job.

While it literally down poured during the entire game and I felt like I was caught up in an Indian monsoon, there was no way I was leaving the game early and missing the Alma Mater. A select group of us made it to watch the Nittany Lions secure their victory over the Buffalo Bulls, sing the Alma Mater, and take some soaked pictures before heading back to our homes for a warm shower and dry clothes.

We got back around 4 in the afternoon, agreeing on a dinner time two hours later. When I was all cozy in my room, I decided to take a nap before dinner. I definitely was not aware of how tired I was. I fell asleep at 5PM and woke up extremely confused in a really dark room. It turned out to be 3:40AM, not dinner time. I didn't really know what year it was or what I was doing, but I watched some TV before falling back asleep. I'm still a little bitter about missing Saturday night festivities, but I guess my body needed the rest. My parents were super confused when I talked to them in the morning, being that I had no idea that I talked to them on the phone the night before. College, kids, it'll make you exhausted, that's for sure.

I felt like a new person on Sunday after my Atherton hibernation and I was ready for the week. I was pretty productive with a brunch date, getting all of my laundry done, writing my weekly report, and getting all of my homework done. I was pretty happy with my efforts.

Yesterday and today have been the start to yet another eventful week. Tack on the usual classes, work, and meetings, in addition to participating in Nittanyville, a week-long camp-out at Beaver Stadium to get the best seats in the house for this weekend's battle against Rutgers. While I had to sleep on concrete last night, being in the front rows of Saturday night's Stripe-Out will be AWESOME.

Okay, time for bed...LOLZ jk. Time for some more work and I should probably start studying for the three exams that I have next week.

Am I alive? Yes. Am I getting enough sleep? No. Is iced coffee running through my veins? Probably. Am I getting everything done? Yes. Am I having a great time in Happy Valley? Most definitely.

Talked to some of my Indian friends today and it made my heart smile,
Kirst







No comments:

Post a Comment